Feedback
A pioneer B2B media and publication platform connecting with Fashion Brands & Retail in India

Donear NXG makes a fashionable impression with new yarns and fabrics

Donear NXG makes a fashionable impressionMenswear brand Donear NXG’s latest collection makes a fashionable impression through the use of fancy yarns for developing space dyed, mélange, grindle and linen-look fabrics. “We have also used recycled fibers for making fabrics for formal trousers. The shirts in this collection are made from stretch fabrics,” explains Rahul Agarwal, Director, Donear NXG.

Consumers are shifting from formal to semi formal and semi casual shirts with the startup culture leading to this shift. Brands are making a conscious effort to add new product lines. “Leading players like Madura Garments, Arvind Lifestyle etc, are introducing new brands. The shirts market has been growing at a CAGR of 9 per cent since the last five years and is currently estimated to be worth $5.8 billion,” Agarwal says.

Casual shirts dominate segment growth

Casual shirts comprise 60 per cent of the total shirts market while formals constitute the remaining 40 per cent. “There areDonear NXG makes a fashionable impression with new yarns and fabrics enough players in the shirts category from the value segment to the luxury segment,” notes Agarwal. Shirts in the mass market, which form 40 per cent of the entire market, are valued in the range of Rs 150-Rs 300 while the value segment offers shirts in the range Rs 400-Rs 900 and constitutes 20 per cent of the total market. Luxury shirts, which form only 3 per cent of the market, are priced in the range Rs 7,000-Rs 20,000.

Agarwal feels, there is a very thin line between the above categories. “Semi casual shirts can be tucked in denim or chinos with closed footwear. On the other hand, casual shirts can be worn with open faced footwear and rolled up sleeves. While a semi formal shirt has little detailing on its collar, cuff or placket, a semi casual shirt has smaller prints, medium checks and a sporty look,” he says. Casual shirts, which have evident detailing, larger prints and broader checks, are available in pastel to bright color tones. Formal shirts are mostly available in colors like white, blue, pink, grey, black colors.

Currently operating pan India through 220 EBOs and 800 MBOs, Donear NXG plans to expand its store network in future. “Our aim is to have a total of 350 EBOs in the next three years and be present across 1,500 MBOs,” Agarwal sums up.

Menswear brand Donear NXG’s latest collection makes a fashionable impression through the use of fancy yarns for developing space dyed, mélange, grindle and linen-look fabrics. “We have also used recycled fibers for making fabrics for formal trousers. The shirts in this collection are made from stretch fabrics,” explains Rahul Agarwal, Director, Donear NXG. <p>

Consumers are shifting from formal to semi formal and semi casual shirts with the startup culture leading to this shift. Brands are making a conscious effort to add new product lines. “Leading players like Madura Garments, Arvind Lifestyle etc, are introducing new brands. The shirts market has been growing at a CAGR of 9 per cent since the last five years and is currently estimated to be worth $5.8 billion,” Agarwal says. <p>

Casual shirts dominate segment growth

<p>Casual shirts comprise 60 per cent of the total shirts market while formals constitute the remaining 40 per cent.  “There are enough players in the shirts category from the value segment to the luxury segment,” notes Agarwal.  Shirts in the mass market, which form 40 per cent of the entire market, are valued in the range of Rs 150-Rs 300 while the value segment offers shirts in the range Rs 400-Rs 900 and constitutes 20 per cent of the total market.  Luxury shirts, which form only 3 per cent of the market, are priced in the range Rs 7,000-Rs 20,000. <p>

Agarwal feels, there is a very thin line between the above categories. “Semi casual shirts can be tucked in denim or chinos with closed footwear. On the other hand, casual shirts can be worn with open faced footwear and rolled up sleeves. While a semi formal shirt has little detailing on its collar, cuff or placket, a semi casual shirt has smaller prints, medium checks and a sporty look,” he says. Casual shirts, which have evident detailing, larger prints and broader checks, are available in pastel to bright color tones. Formal shirts are mostly available in colors like white, blue, pink, grey, black colors. <p>

Currently operating pan India through 220 EBOs and 800 MBOs, Donear NXG plans to expand its store network in future. “Our aim is to have a total of 350 EBOs in the next three years and be present across 1,500 MBOs,” Agarwal sums up.

LATEST TOP NEWS
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10

Brands face near term losses as retailers shut stores due to COVID 19

Brands face near term losses as retailers shut stores due to COVID 19

With the COVID -19 virus rapidly crawling into the skin of humanity worldwide, apparel brands and retail companies are likely to be severely impacted in the near term as government... Read more

India’s e-commerce competition heats up as Reliance joins the race

India’s e-commerce competition heats up as Reliance joins the race

The Indian e-commerce sector, which saw several ups and downs in the past decade, has completely transformed the shopping patterns of consumers. Though the sector’s growth slowed around the middle... Read more

Coronavirus threatens retail jobs, revenue growth in India

Coronavirus threatens retail jobs, revenue growth in India

The Retailers Association of India (RAI) says, COVID-19 pandemic amid an economic slowdown has hit revenue at Indian retailers selling non essential items like clothes and jewellery by 75 percent... Read more

Despite FDI relaxations, single brand retailers choose local partners for India

Despite FDI relaxations, single brand retailers choose local partners for India

The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) recently clarified that single brand retailers, owned by foreign companies, can fulfill their local sourcing requirements by procuring goods produced... Read more

Tracking the imaginative approach to a Fabindia's evolution

Tracking the imaginative approach to a Fabindia's evolution

Shubha Patvardhan, Professor of management at the UD’s Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics, and J Ramachandran from the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore in their award-winning paper ‘Shaping... Read more

Tjori dedicates itself to beauty and strength of traditional Indian heritage

Tjori dedicates itself to beauty and strength of traditional Indian heritage

With its rich traditions and culture, love for ethnic wear never fades in India. Though many new trends and styles have been introduced lately, ethnic wear continues to be the... Read more

With innovative collections, Lotto to focus on retail expansion in Tier II, III …

With innovative collections, Lotto to focus on retail expansion in Tier II, III cities

With its name derived from the last name of its founders, Lotto is synonymous with technological and design innovation in the world of sports. The brand has created a niche... Read more

Hail Women: Transforming looks with unique collections

Hail Women: Transforming looks with unique collections

Incepted in 2018, Hail Women-an online women’s high fashion professional wear startup aims to end morning wardrobe struggles of all working women. Offering an array of Western formal business attire... Read more

Ruff to focus on domestic and international retail expansion

Ruff to focus on domestic and international retail expansion

Recent innovations like colored jackets, trendy blazers and fancy denim jackets have helped Ruff to maintain its futuristic outlook. Launched in 1980, Ruff is the first brand in the country... Read more

North Mist eyes the international market with new products

North Mist eyes the international market with new products

India’s first organic cotton menswear brand NorthMist, has mostly stayed pivotal to its initial ranges of products. However, now, the brand plans to diversify its product range. “We plan to... Read more

MOST POPULAR NEWS
Go to top