11th September 2021, Mumbai:
Reliance Retail plans to open a new premium department store chain. Ranging from 25,000-35,000 sqft, the new premium department stores will house products from all global labels that are sold by Reliance Brands and Reliance Retail.
The company’s private labels and brands will be excluded.
Largest retailer in the country in terms of sales and number of outlets, Reliance Retail is aggressively expanding its network of stores from pharmacies to convenience stores and electronic chains, malls and real estate agents. It currently operates over 12,000 outlets in over 7,000 cities and towns across the country.
Out of these, over 2,000 stores are in the fashion, lifestyle and jewelery segments.
Reliance Brands, a unit of Reliance Retail, sells upmarket brands. Reliance Brands sells products from several brands including Hamleys Toys, Mothercare, Muji, Vomo Cosmetics. Reliance Brands also sells luxury brands such as Armani, Burberry, Diesel, Salvatore Ferragamo and Jimmy Choo, as well as other swish global and Indian labels through its multi-brand concept format called White Crow.
Till date, Reliance has opened four White Crow outlets in Chandigarh, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad and Surat.
- ASICS plans to open 18 new locations in India by 2022, with a 25 percent increase in revenue
- Adidas has opened a digital flagship store in India
- Vedant Fashions, the proprietor of 'Manyavar,' has filed IPO documents with the Sebi
- In FY21-22, the Indian government will provide Rs. 56,027 crore and will pay off all outstanding export incentives
- Apparel and textile companies in India are celebrating; the PLI program has made the sector very happy