Ritesh Mishra quits as M&S-Reliance India head

Ritesh Mishra quits as M&S-Reliance India head

One year and 10 months after Marks and Spencer Reliance India elevated him to the top job in the company, Ritesh Mishra has quit as the Managing Director after a 13-year stint with the British department store.

Rising through the ranks at Marks and Spencer Reliance from Manager-Merchandising to Head-Retail-Operations and Property, India, Mishra was elevated to the position of Managing Director in 2021.

Global apparel, food and homeware retailer M&S entered into a joint venture with Reliance in 2008 after its plans to venture through the franchise route failed. The British firm holds a 51 per cent share in the JV with Reliance Retail holding the remaining 49 per cent share.

The JV has exclusive rights to operate Marks & Spencer stores in India, selling womenswear, lingerie, menswear, kidswear, beauty, and recently introduced homeware. Currently, the brand has100 stores across the country.

Author’s Posts