8th September 2021, Mumbai:
Amazon India has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Industries and Mines Department, Government of Gujarat, to onboard MSMEs from the state on Amazon Global Selling and train them to sell their unique Made in India products to millions of Amazon customers across 200+ countries and territories.
Amazon Global Selling has lowered the entry barrier for motivated Indian MSMEs to expand their business and launch their brands globally, from anywhere in India. The program will grant instant access to homegrown businesses to global markets from Day 1, benefiting from Amazon’s distribution capabilities and global footprint to scale rapidly and build sustainable exports businesses.
Amazon will conduct training, webinars and onboarding workshops for exporters from key MSME clusters like Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Surat, Bharuch and Rajkot and others. The workshops will focus on sharing expertise and providing training to MSMEs about B2C e-commerce exports and selling to over 300 million people worldwide through Amazon's 17 foreign marketplaces. These courses are designed to provide MSMEs with the knowledge and tools they need to launch their brands and expand their businesses internationally using Amazon Global Selling.
- The Botanical Survey of India has digitized its entire textile collection
- For the Sivi line, Niketa Thacker collaborates with Gujarat weavers
- Shahi Exports, an Indian clothing behemoth, and Nike, a well-known American brand, have teamed up for retail commerce
- Big Day! Cabinet approves ₹10,683 crore PLI scheme for textile sector
- PLI for (MMF) Manmade fibre, Technical Textile:Awaiting Cabinet approval today