26 November 2021, Mumbai:
The Confederation of All India Traders (CAIT) staged nationwide protests on November 24 against the e-commerce company Amazon for indulging unethical malpractices. The multinational technology company is again in news for selling drugs, chemicals used for bombs in Pulwana and for selling poison on their platform.
CAIT took to social media to announce the details of the protest.
The trading community has listed three reasons for their protest against Amazon: selling drugs on their platform, selling chemicals used in making bombs, and against GST Council for the hike in rates for textile and footwear.
MoneyControl.com (The news article has not been edited by DFU Publications)
Dear Reader, we at DFU Publications are committed to providing the latest news updates on trade development and insights, to keep our readers informed. Stay tuned. Subscribe to our newsletter.
- Flipkart, an Indian e-commerce company, collaborates with PUMA on the ‘1DER' line, which features batsman KL Rahul
- Consumers will determine growth of sustainable fashion e-comm in India
- Myntra to offer 1 mn styles from about 7,000 brands at the 'Big Fashion Festival'
- Maharashtra government honors VIP as 'Best Innerwear Brand' for 2021-22
- Nike strengthens retail presences with new store at DLF Mall of India, Noida